Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby Update

Well, I am now 35 weeks...only 5 long weeks left. I had a Dr. appointment yesterday. Thanks to this gestational diabetes, we will now be having weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests. Yesterday she did great, 8/8 on her biophysical profile(by ultrasound) and her heart rate was reacting well with her movements during the BPP. She was being quite the stinker though and wouldn't let us get a picture of her. Soon after the ultrasound started she decided to turn away and hide her face! I was hoping to be able to post a picture of her today, but maybe next week we will get one. One thing that was really cool though was that we could actually see the hair on her head! It was standing straight up! That was really fun to see. My blood sugars are getting harder to control. My numbers were up more this time so the Dr. told me since my morning levels are still doing good that I just need to try to see what I can do with my diet to try and keep my numbers lower. It is frustrating though when I try so hard and sometimes I don't eat anything bad at all and my levels are high, even if it is something that usually doesn't make my sugar high. So, my weakness, pizza is out until after the baby. Oh, that hurts!! I am just hoping my hormones don't make this impossible for me. I REALLY don't want to go on insulin. Other than that, all is well. So, I will just sit her and wait and wait and hope, as all expecting moms do at this point, that I will go EARLY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment