Friday, January 2, 2009

My First Blog

Well, I guess the best place to start this blog is with a picture of the girls. This picture was taken on Christmas morning which also happened to be Allison's second birthday. It isn't very often that I get a picture of the kids all together so even if they are in their pajamas, it's good enough for me. We had a nice Christmas day, starting off with opening Santa gifts. I would say the kids were quite burnt out on presents. Nobody even woke us up! I had to take Allison's presents out of her stocking for her. And then there was Sophia...a little background here...I searched high and low for the perfect doll for her. I even ended up buying three different ones trying to get the one that looked most like her. Mission accomplished, I was quite excited on Christmas morning for her to see the doll. After she got through her stocking, we told her to look behind her because there was another present. She took one look at the doll and said "Oh" and then turned to looking at her stocking stuff again. We said, "Don't you like the doll?" And she, being the honest little girl that she is, said "No". So we say "Fine then, Allison can have the doll." So she turns, picks up the doll and says "Here Allison, you can have it." I couldn't believe it. Sometimes it amazes me how much I DON'T know my kids. Needless to say we are going to be working on being appreciative in our house this year! (Notice the cute little doll behind Sophia!)Well, our morning continued with Allison's birthday cake for breakfast, a family tradition. Oh, that cake looked so yummy! I can't believe she is two already. Where does the time go? We went up to Josh's grandpa's house in Williston for a nice Christmas dinner with his family. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day. By the time we got home, we had Allison open her presents, just to get it over with! How sad, poor kid. Even she just wanted it all over with. We may have to rethink this birthday thing for her. Maybe celebrate it the weekend before Christmas. Any ideas?













So, there is my first blog. Looks like it is going to take me a while to get used to doing this. But I hope I can stick to it and keep everyone updated on our busy life.





















































1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Shelly, I'm so excited you started a blog. I looked at my feedjit and was wondering who would have me tagged on their blog...I thought maybe it was a stranger. :) Very nicely written and super cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete