Friday, April 10, 2009

Lydia Kay Paulson

Where does the time go? This first picture was taken the day Lydia was born, Valentine's Day, 2009. What a wonderful day. Such an easy and enjoyable birth, thanks to that great medical miracle called an epidural. :) I never thought a birth could be a fun social experience! My friend Brandy was with Josh and I. She walked the hospital halls with me for about 45 minutes while Josh napped in the hospital room. It was his week on at work so he was pretty tired. So we walked and talked. It is probably the first time ever that we were able to visit without any kids interupting us. Well, except for occasional contractions from Lydia! Labor got going pretty good after that so I went and got that wonderful epidural and not long after, our little Lydia was born at 1:28 p.m. weighing 5 lbs. 15 oz. How wonderful to experience a birth with no pain. It was beautiful to see her for the first time. So sweet and precious they are, and such a miracle. And now here we are, she will be 8 weeks tomorrow. The second picture was taken three days ago. How do they grow so fast? She is getting such personality now. She smiles and tries to talk to us. She is especially sweet for her daddy. He loves to give her little whisker rubs and she always coos at him. She is s
o funny already. I can't wait to see what she will be like in a year and then another year and on and on. And yet I already miss that little newborn baby I had such a short time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment