Friday, May 8, 2009

Fourteen

As of April 22 of this year, I have a fourteen year old. Wow, that is crazy! She had a nice birthday, or atleast I think she did. She woke up to the usual decorations and dirt cake for breakfast, and then of course opening gifts. According to her this was also the fourth anniversary of her having dirt cake for her birthday. I suppose I should have put an extra candle on the cake for that one. She did have to do school that day, and speech, and confirmation. But we ended the day with supper at the Powder Keg. A birthday can't get much better than that! Another big milestone for her is finishing up the eight grade and getting ready for high school. What?? High school?? It is true, we had her eighth grade recognition on May 5. It was a nice little service with seven other homeschoolers from the Williston area, and then cake and coffee afterwards. She does still have two weeks of school left. But then she will officially be a freshman in high school. I swear it seems like I just got out of high school. How can this be happening? But she is so excited. It is so fun to see her growing up and becoming a young lady. She will be taking driver's ed at the end of May. She is just dying to get her license. I am looking forward to a year down the road when I am not scared to death to ride with her. I just thank God that she is so responsible, it shouldn't be too much worry with her. So things are changing at our house. Our kids are growing up and we are just growing old. But what more could we ask for than these children who teach us so much about life. And oh the learning we have ahead of us! I am looking forward to the next four years with Brooke. I can't wait to see what kind of young adult she will become. What she becomes interested in and what she wants to do with her life. So as exciting as it is for her, it is also exciting for me, as her mother, the one who has nurtured her, and taught her all these fourteen years. All I can hope for is that she will always be happy and know that she has a whole great big family that will always love her and be here for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment