Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"I want to be like Brookie"

Tonight after bathtime, Sophia came out in a tank top and sweat pants instead of pajamas. I asked her what she was doing, she was supposed to be in her pajamas. She told me well this is what Brooke wears. Apparently she has taken note that Brooke always lounges in her sweats before bed. I was about to send her to change when she told me "I want to be like Brookie". All I could do was smile and let her stay in her sweats. How precious that she looks up to her older sister like that. I told Brooke what she said and she immediately said that she didn't realize what an influence she had on Sophia and that she had better be careful to be a good influence. So later this evening, Sophia came up to me and said, "Mom, your shirt is on fire!" (Fire Prevention Week was not long ago.) So I got up and did the Stop, Drop, and Roll. Then I told Sophia she was on fire so she could Stop, Drop, and Roll. Sophia then looks at Brooke and tells her that she is on fire. She started to say she wasn't playing and then she remembered how Sophia looks up to her so she did her Stop, Drop, and Roll. How precious that she cares that much about her little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment