Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where does the time go?

I cannot believe it has been so long since my last post. So much for keeping things current. Dare I say not much has changed since May? Now I finally have some time to post on here and my mind is blank. Wonderful. I am getting old. And very forgetful. I forgot to call Josh back again tonight. This is a new thing for me and I am not sure if it is good or bad. Usually I am waiting for the time when I can call him or when he is going to call. But tonight was the second time in the last month or so that I was supposed to call him back and I forgot. Oops. He just laughs at me and says that he is glad that I am not sitting around miserable while he is gone. I can appreciate that. But it makes me wonder what is going on because that is so NOT like me. I usually am miserable waiting to talk to him, always watching the clock. I am not sure what has changed. Maybe I am just getting used to him being gone. Or maybe it is just the business of my life. But I guess it is okay, it just seems strange.


Well, when all else fails, it helps to look at photos to see what has been going on!


Brooke got to go on her first real hunt with Josh a couple weeks ago. She didn't actually hunt because she needs to get a little better with her bow first. But she and Josh went shopping for more camo clothes for her and they got all their no scent clothes on and went out to sit a couple nights. She had a blast. When she got home, even she was surprised at how much fun it was. She really enjoyed just being out there in nature. She loved seeing the deer. I had to laugh because the second night I guess Josh fell asleep and when he woke up she fell asleep and she slept through all the deer coming out! Sounds like I could handle this bow hunting thing!!

And here is Lydia's first bath in the big tub. She had such fun in her new bath seat. Well, new to her anyway. She loves bathtime in the big tub, especially because now she gets to take a bath with Allison and Sohpia!

Here is Lydia with her sweet cousin Bristol, Jonathan and Breanna's little girl. She is 3 1/2 months younger than Lydia. It is so fun to have another little baby around to watch grow up with Lydia. I just love how sweet they are next to each other in one picture and the next, it is like Lydia is going to get poor Bristol and she is looking like what the heck are you doing??? So much fun they are going to be!!

One Sunday there was coffee and cupcakes after church. When I arrived downstairs, the kids were all getting their cupcakes and Lydia was in the arms of Harlan, obviously a professional grandpa! I asked if he would like me to take her and he said "Oh no, when she cries, believe me you'll get her back." So I proceded to go sit by my friend Erica and we started visiting. Next thing we know, we look over because everyone is giggling, and there is little Miss Lydia with a big ring of frosting around her mouth! She and Harlan were having a grand ol' time sharing a cupcake. Okay, not exactly sharing, I think she managed to steal his cupcake. This was my little 7 month old baby who refused to eat any baby food for me at all. She would just spit it out! But she was going crazy over this frosting. When he would pull it away she would be waving her arms with her little mouth wide open trying to get more! It was so funny and we all enjoyed the entertainment. With the grin on his face, I am not sure who was having more fun, Harlan or Lydia. So just the other day, I was feeding Lydia some cupcake at Bristol's baptism and someone asked me if my first baby would have been eating that at that age. Nope. Let's just say that Harlan might be lucky that Lydia is my sixth baby and not my first!!!
Okay, my editing is getting all messed up and it is late so I should go to bed anyway. Now that I actually have more things in my mind to put on here! Oh well, hopefully I'll get more on here soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment