Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cough Syrup Please!

Why do they not prescribe Codiene cough syrup anymore??? Why, why, why??? When Brooke was little we always came home with a bottle of it for a cough. It was GREAT! I mean really, who cares if it doesn't work on coughing? It knocks 'em out doesn't it!?!? I loved that stuff. Atleast everyone got some sleep. In all honesty, don't they need sleep to get better? Isn't it better to knock them out for a night so they sleep well and have some recovery time? I think so, really I do. Yes, I may be a bit selfish in that I would like some sleep, but I do think the poor little ones need something to help them sleep. I really wish that I had some good cough syrup for Allison tonight. Last night she coughed all night. I was up with her quite a bit. By 2:30 though, I think my body had had enough because I finally fell asleep and didn't wake up until 8:30. I woke up wondering if Alli had actually quit coughing or if I was just so tired that I slept through it. Which would make me very tired because I hear everything through our paper thin walls in our tiny little house. So I asked Josh when he got home from work if her heard her coughing when he was getting ready for work. He said she was still coughing, poor little thing. I must have been tired! I hope tonight goes better for her, I think she finally fell asleep on the couch. I should probably head to bed and sleep while I can. I hope tomorrow is better and that I don't have to run Alli in to the Dr. like Lydia. Thankfully Lydia is finally getting a little better. Her medicine must be working, finally! Well, one thing for sure, if I have to take Alli in you better believe I will be begging for some of that good old codeine cough syrup! I may even have to practice a fake cough myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment