Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Can You Spot The Turkey?

On our way down to the house spot this morning, we drove past a deer that stared intently at us as we went by and when we drove into our driveway Grace yelled pheasant. I looked over and it was not a pheasant, but a turkey walking across our new yard. I grabbed my camera quick as I could to take a picture but I didn't realized turkeys were so fast and he quickly made it to the hill and started climbing up so this is all I could get for a picture. But if you look really close, he is there right in the middle of the picture.
So that was the good part of our morning.
The not so good? No house. Aargh. You know it wouldn't make me mad except that they stopped last night and told Josh they would be there around 8:30-9:00 this morning. And how was the weather this morning? Nice. Calm. Not yet raining. Not yet windy. But no, they didn't show up. A phone call to the business tells us that they aren't even in town yet. They have to stay an hour away as there are no hotels with openings around here. Yes, I can sympathize that they have to stay somewhere else. But really? If you tell someone you will be there, shouldn't you put forth the effort to get up early and make it there when you said you would? Josh drives an hour to work at 4:00 in the morning, works hard for 12 hours and then drives that hour home for seven days straight. So I do think they could get up one morning to get our house here. Because now...the weather?? Rainy and windy. I don't see them bringing our house today, although they say they are. Time will tell. I'm really not upset about the house not being here, just frustrated by people not doing what they say they are going to do. So for now, we will sit home and wait some more. I am thankful we don't have to rush out of our house so really, it doesn't matter to us when the house actually gets set up. But we would like to be treated respectfully in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment