Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Feel So Guilty

I was reading a post over at MckMama which led me to a post over at We Are THAT Family about letter writing to sponsor children. Wow. I feel horrible. We have sponosored a child through World Vision for about 7 years now. I have only written her one letter. One lousy letter. I feel horrible. I am so happy to have read these posts though and I am so inspired by the many tips about writing to sponsor children. So today is the day we change. Today we wrote letters to Imalsha in Sri Lanka. Well, Emily, Grace, and I did. We will mail them tomorrow. You see, when I picked out Imalsha from the many cards at the World Vision display, I did it for a reason. I wanted someone right around my kids' age. Imalsha is right in between Emily and Graces ages. I can't believe I didn't do this a long time ago. Such a procrastinater I am. We have declared the 25th of each month as World Vision Letter Writing Day. Please, please hold us to this! This is something that has to happen. It really is what is important in life. What's that? You want to sponsor a child? Please go to World Vision and sign up! It's amazing what such a small amount of US dollars can do for children who are suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment