Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Created To Be His Helpmeet

Today was another busy day. Emily has had a bit of a sore throat and stomach ache so we decided that it was best not to go to our Sign Language class tonight. Brooke had Strings practice tonight...I wonder if she remembered to pick up some sugar for me...guess I will have to ask her in the morning. I did get out of the house tonight, though. I went in to town to a meeting with quite a few other moms for a, oh I don't know what you would call it, maybe a book study? maybe a becoming a better wife study? Regardless of what they call it officially, it was wonderful! I am so glad I went. I was even able to drive up there with my friend Rhonda and I got to see my friend Christi, who I haven't seen in so so so long. We are reading the book "Created To Be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl. It's a good one. Yes I have read it twice already. But there is something so great about reading and discussing it with other women. To be able to talk about the hard things, and encourage each other in this walk. I did leave the girls home with Emily as President(in charge) and Grace as Vice President(next in command). They only had about 45 minutes until the little ones' bedtime so I wasn't too worried about Emily handling things even though she wasn't feeling her best. The night must have been pretty uneventful since there were no phone calls from home.

I am sure I just had a couple other thoughts I wanted to put down here, but for now they are lost somewhere in this little head of mine. So I better get going for the night. It is late and I am sure tomorrow will end up being an 8:00 day instead of 7:00. I don't know why I try so hard to get on a good schedule when all it takes is one late night to throw me off.

Oh, I remember one thing I had to say. The meeting has motivated me to work on being a better helpmeet to my hubby. So tomorrow I am not going to complain about how bad his work schedule messes with my schedule!! I will joyfully sit with him tomorrow while he is at home. I will make his coffee before he gets up so it is ready for him. I will make sure his lunch is warmed up when he gets out of the shower. And I will make sure the girls pack up his lunch box before he asks them. Isn't that the least I can do for a man who is working 11 nights straight...12 1/2 hour shifts...and about 50 miles to drive to get there and 50 miles back home when he is done. Yep, it will be an honor to take care of him tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment