Friday, October 15, 2010

Oh What A Day.



Little did I know this morning when I crawled out of bed what this day would have in store for me. Let's just say it was a LONG one. A little background information...our friend Heather got here at about 2 a.m., slept on the couch and as the kids got up she moved into Em and Grace's room to sleep a little longer. So anyway, I was trying to get every thing going this morning because we were heading out on a field trip in Sidney. Little Lydia came up to me this morning to hand me something. What in the world, I thought? Oh my it was part of a pair of glasses...hmm...pretty soon someone showed up with the rest of that pair of glasses and a glasses case. So Heather obviously grew up as an only child and has no kids of her own yet...lol...because she left her glasses case on the floor in the living room and Lydia got a hold of them. Great. Wonderful start to the day. So anyway, we managed to get going for our field trip and we even made it there on time. Oh wait, I'm getting ahead of myself here. When we got Lydia out of her playpen this morning, she looked like she had a bug bite under her eye and it was pretty swollen. I wasn't sure if I would have to bring her in so I decided to just keep a good eye on it. So we did our field trip at the fire station and then headed over to Pizza Hut for lunch. After lunch, I decided I better go to Pamida and get some Benadryl for Lydia because her eye looked a little worse. So we drove to the bowling alley, got the kids set up and left them with Mrs. Castro for bowling. Heather, Allison, Lydia, and I went to Pamida to get the medicine and while standing there looking I felt something very warm on my side. Sure enough, Lydia's diaper was full and when she wet, she wet through her jeans and onto my t-shirt. Fun stuff. So we left Pamida, gave her her medicine(she spit most of it out), picked up the kids and headed for home. But on the way we figured that we had better get in to the eye glasses store, I am sure it has a better name than that, but whatever. So we just kept on driving until we got to Williston. Went to the store, discovered that Heather's glasses are not fixable. But we did find out that Grace's are still under warranty so she has a new pair on order and they even fixed the screw in her old old pair and fixed her old pair to work until the new ones come in. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that Grace's glasses snapped in half while her and Sophia were playing on the floor this week? Okay, so off to Wal Mart to get dishwasher soap and while in there we get a little panicky because Lydia's eye is starting to look worse. Of course by this time it is after clinic hours. So I head over to my nurse sister-in-law's house so she can take a peek and give some advice. We gave her more benadryl and decided if it doesn't get any worse that waiting until morning should be ok. We pick up Arby's, hang out at my sister-in-law's for a while and finally head home shortly after 8:00. Of course as we are heading out of town I realize I am almost out of gas so after a quick stop to fill up we finally got on the road. Home and all kids in bed, except Brooke and Lydia, by 10:00. I am fully exhausted and I desperately hope that tomorrow Lydia's eye is better so I don't have to take her in. And that my friends, is the SHORT version!

No comments:

Post a Comment