Monday, November 8, 2010

Sophia's Movie Night

Sophia and I had our movie night on Saturday night. We borrowed a friend's "Beauty and the Beast" movie. Sophia has been waiting and waiting for her movie night so it was so exciting when it finally got here. We popped up some popcorn and she even got her own pop! It was such a good movie and it was so fun to sit and watch it with her after everyone else was in bed. At the end of the night I gave her a kiss and hug and sent her to bed. She came back out though and asked me if I was going to get up early the next morning. I guess I've been sleeping in too often lately. But she said she wanted me to get up early because she really likes me and can't wait to see me in the morning...or something like that anyway. It was sweet! She is growing up though. She didn't want to snuggle on the recliner with me, even during the scary parts!

Now Allison had a really tough time with this. She was overtired anyway, but this was just too much for her. She was so upset that Sophia was getting to stay up and she wasn't. She could hardly control her emotions. I tried to explain that she would get her turn next, but I don't think she completely understood. Now she keeps asking if it's her turn yet. It's going to be a long two weeks until her turn! But I know it will be well worth the wait!

2 comments:

  1. What a great thing you are doing for your girls, spending special one on one time with each of them! Allison may not understand it now, but she will, and she will thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I decided to do this! It is so fun to spend the time with them one on one and they love to be able to stay up later than the rest. It is even hard for me to wait for the next time and I get to do it every other week. For them it gets to be quite a long time in between. But it's still better than nothing! :)

    ReplyDelete