Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Successful Hunt



Josh left on Friday morning and didn't come back until Saturday evening. He went hunting in the grasslands. He has been slowly buying equipment the last few years for an overnight hunt. He has his huge backpack, filled with all his supplies, which really isn't much. He has a little tent and a lightweight, but warm, sleeping bag. Three peanut butter sandwiches and some granola bars was all he brought for food. He brought dry clothes to sleep in and for the next day. He actually even asked if I would like to go with him. He thought that would be fun. That was a very easy NO for me. He got the deer he saw a week earlier in the same spot. He shot it Friday night and was glad he brought his camping gear because he knew he wouldn't be able to drag it out in the dark. I do need to mention the hills. He hunts in the hills. I wish I had a good picture to show the hike he had down to his camp site and the deer. I'll just say that it took him three trips to get his deer and equipment hauled out. Two trips just for the deer. He called me at 4:00 in the afternoon to tell me he was finally heading out. That means that he spent about 8 hours hauling his deer and stuff out. Yeah, not my thing at all, and that's not even considering the below 30 degree temps overnight. I think I'll let him stick to his hunting and I will stick to shopping, or really anything else. Yes, I do think he is a little crazy, but that is just one of the many things about him that I love!

I did find this picture of the area that he hunts. It gives an idea of how far of a hike it is from the bottom of the hills to the top where he had his pick up parked.


No comments:

Post a Comment