Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Brooke Is Going To Washington, D.C.

That's right, Brooke won a trip to Washington, DC! Our electric cooperative had a contest for its members. She had to write a two page essay on how electric cooperatives can reach out to young adults using new technological devices and social media. She got the phone call today informing her that she is the winner from our cooperative! So she gets to take a week long trip this summer, all expenses paid. What an excellent opportunity for her! Way to go, Brooke, we are so proud of you!!

9 comments:

  1. That is super!!! What a great opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Thompson said...

    Way to go, Brooke! When is your trip? (I hope it's not when we're going to be visiting you! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, I will tell Brooke your comments!

    She goes in June, Julie, but don't worry it's not when you guys will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm sooo excited. I knew her mad writing skills would make her win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely awesome!! Can we read the essay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try to get it out of her and post it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fabulous Shelly. I went on that trip and they get to do a great deal in a short time- and should meet the Montana Rep and/or Senators.

    -Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colleen, I had no idea you went! That makes me feel better to know you went, survived, and it didn't ruin you...can you tell I'm a worrying mother of a teenager now? :)

    ReplyDelete