Saturday, July 16, 2011

Inspiration For The Stay At Home Mom




These articles are great and just what I need to get me motivated today.  I'm taking the girls to the festival parade today.  It should be in the mid-90's and I really wasn't  looking forward to it.  I was even kind of hoping Lyida's cold would turn in to a fever today so we would have to stay home.  I admit I've even been putting on a bit of a guilt trip on the girls for all of the running I have done for them with softball this last six weeks.  Not a very good mom thing to do.  These articles have set me straight though.  Now I'm looking forward to taking the girls in for the parade!  We'll enjoy the time together watching the parade and then head over to the park for some corn dogs and nachos.  It doesn't matter that Josh is working and it doesn't matter that it will be so hot out.  We can enjoy the afternoon spending time together because really there is nothing else I would rather be doing!  If you need a good reminder of your purpose at home, click the links and read these two articles.  I promise it will do your heart good!

2 comments:

  1. Hi ShellyKay,

    Sounds like a fun time ... I was out in western Montana this weekend and the temperatures were also in the 90's (still not like 90 down in Houston - but on the warm side).
    I hope you all had a grand time at the parade. I've lost your personal e-mail address. If you're still interested in meeting me and the littles, please e-mail me at trudybmk at yahoo dot com.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would love to get together! I'll email you. :)

    ReplyDelete