Friday, November 9, 2012

Swimming Time

Josh has classes for work in Deadwood on Sunday and Monday.  We had planned on all going down, except for Brooke, on Saturday.  But with the winter storm heading our way, we decided to get out before the bad weather.  We made reservations in Rapid City for two nights and then we will head to Deadwood for two days.  Last night when we arrived, I decided to let the kids go swimming even though it was late.  It was a long drive and I figured the activity would be good for them.  So Josh and Levi stayed in the room while the girls and I went to the pool.  I think I might have enjoyed myself more than any of them!  It was a nice break for me!  But the kids had a blast, too.  I'm just trying to live in the moment and not worry too much about how the roads will be when we get home, and if we will even be able to get into our driveway!

Lydia

 Grace and Emily

 Sophia

 See, don't I look nice and relaxed? 

 Allison

 Allison

 Grace

Just love this one of Sophia jumping in!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. Only in the 60's here next two days. Have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when hubby has one of those business trips that he can bring his family on? A terrific advantage of home schooling: we can go with them right in the middle of the school year!
    Looks like you all had a fun time.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mom, we had a blast!

    Mrs. B., it is great when they have business trips, and even better that we can go whenever we need to, just pack up and worry about catching up on school when we get home! Good memories! :)

    ReplyDelete