Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I thought maybe it would be fun to challenge myself to another "blog a day" goal for the month of January.  But, here I sit with no pictures from today and I'm not even sure what to blog about!

So how was your New Year's Eve?

We had a nice, relaxing evening.  We stayed home and celebrated with the kids.  We made frozen pizza, spinach dip with crackers, velveeta/salsa dip with chips, leftover cookies, and little sodas for the girls and some champagne for Josh and I.  It was a really fun night.  After we ate supper, we played Pictionary with the older girls, Sophia on up, and then we played Apples to Apples so Allison could play.  Lydia and Levi just hung out!  After the games were done, we put in the new movie that Sophia got for Christmas, "The Odd Life of Timothy Green".  So with watching that, we managed to stay up until after midnight.  Well, Lydia fell asleep in my arms around 11:30 and Levi was sleeping in his crib, but the rest of us managed to stay up and completely miss ringing in the new year at midnight!  

Today was another wonderful day full of way too much good food!  Josh made Prime Rib for lunch.  I made loaded baked potatoes.  We rounded off the meal with homegrown frozen corn with cream and homemade buns.  It was so yummy!  Carroll and Linda came down to enjoy the meal with us and spend the afternoon visiting and playing some more games.  Oh and of course, the guys watched football.  I cannot forget to mention that Grace made the most wonderful, easy cherry crisp that she served hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream!  It was a great day!

As our vacation time is coming to an end, I am starting to feel the pressure of getting ready to start school again.  I've been teasing the girls that we should start "unschooling".  Although many unschool and actually do teach their kids, I am looking more toward something more like "no-schooling".  Oh yes, that would be wonderful!  

So anyway, that is an update on our New Year so far.  I hope you are all looking forward to the New Year as much as I am!  So many changes to come for us in this next year and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds!  Oh and I'll try to keep you posted on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment