Thursday, January 3, 2013

Homeschool Meeting

I finally made it to a homeschool meeting tonight.  It has been months since I've made it to one.  It seems like Josh is always off when we have them and we have been so busy that I've hated to miss an evening home with him.  But this two weeks he has been around more so I didn't feel so bad going to town for the meeting.  Emily, Grace, Levi, and I headed to town about 3:00 so I could get to the chiropractor at 4:00.  After that we went to Wal Mart to look for clearance hunting clothes.  We only found a few items, but better than nothing.  Then we went out for a treat supper at Applebee's.  It was pretty good and fun to take the girls out for a nice supper.  They have been working hard here helping me clean up the house and babysitting the kids for me so I think this evening was a much needed break and reward for them.  After supper, we went to the homeschool meeting.  Emily and Grace and a couple other girls watched kids in the nursery while the moms had their meeting.  It's a win/win situation because the moms get to enjoy the meeting and the girls get to visit with their friends while babysitting.  The meeting tonight was a great one.  A really wonderful lady, I think her name is Sarah, talked about educational internet sites and internet safety.  She had a whole booklet full of different web sites and I am really looking forward to getting the girls on these sites to help them with their school.  If I find any good ones, I'll try to post them here for others to check out!  So, that was my evening.  Once again, no pictures.  I suppose I better get better about that before grandma calls and complains about needing to see her grandkids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment