Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Would You Like To Join Us For Supper?

So after my last post, you can tell it is really really cold here.  So maybe subconsciously I wanted to warm things up by burning down my house? 
 
I was sitting here minding my own business, just checking Facebook when all of the sudden I smelled something burning.  What???  OH NO!  I then remembered that I put chicken on the stovetop to cook for supper!  I completely forgot about it.  I had the heat on high to get it going and was going to turn it down and let it simmer so I could shred the chicken for enchiladas.  I ran out to the kitchen and by the smoke coming down the hallway already, I thought for sure that my house was on fire!!  Talk about a panic!  I was so relieved when I got to the kitchen and didn't see any flames!  I am now thinking that I maybe need to check my fire alarms because I'm thinking they should have went of for sure...heck, they go off most of the time if the cheese from a pizza falls to the bottom! 
 
The good news is that the chicken was salvageable and our supper is not ruined!  The bad news?  It is really going to take some elbow grease to get that darn pan clean!


 
Let's just hope that between the exploded soda and the burnt chicken that the excitement for today is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment