Thursday, September 17, 2015

Levi - Preschool


Oh this boy melts my heart every single day!  He also drives me up a wall with his stubbornness every single day!  He loves to play with his cars and trucks, and build with blocks or legos.  

Levi's preschool is pretty basic.  Some days we get to it and some days we don't.  Right now we are just learning the letters and their sounds.  I am using the preschool program I purchased a couple years ago from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  This gives us plenty of hands on activities for each letter.  I just put them in his school drawers and he picks what he would like to do.  I'm also using Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool to supplement.  I just go to Level One and find the letter we are working on and then we use the computer links.  He really enjoys the alphabet and letter videos.  

It is so very different homeschooling a boy.  He refuses to color most days.  But give him paper and he will cut with a scissor all day!  He insists on doing school when the girls do.  I think he doesn't like to be left out.  I can't even distract him with a learning video or the IPad!  I have learned that it is best to get him going on something first before I even try to work with the girls.  I am thankful though that he does take an interest in learning.  After two weeks of working on the letter A I thought it was time to give up when he all of the sudden put it together and figured out the A sound.  After that he learned the E really quickly.  What a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment